Neil O'Donnell

Neil O'Donnell

About Me

My photo
Buffalo, New York, United States
Anthropologist, author, certified career coach, and musician who mixes all four interests as much as possible! Senior EOP Counselor at/EOP graduate of Buffalo State College.

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Would the real goblins step forward?

I think it is safe to say that I do not subscribe to the typical view of the goblinoids. I developed goblins that are as unique a society as humanity, with compassion as likely a character trait as hatred or anger. Grier is my golden child. I'm proud of his development within PEOPLE OF THE SWORD as my alterations of his personality over more than a decade helped me cement my view on how goblins should be portrayed. Don't get me wrong... I love Tolkien's Middle Earth, but I can't see an entire race being all evil. I am not the first author to view goblins in such light. I just wish more authors would provide greater diversity amongst their novel characters, particularly with regards to goblins, orcs, gnolls, and trolls (Brother Thud ring a bell). Bring on the originality.

No comments:

Post a Comment