Neil O'Donnell

Neil O'Donnell

About Me

My photo
Buffalo, New York, United States
Anthropologist, author, certified career coach, and musician who mixes all four interests as much as possible! Senior EOP Counselor at/EOP graduate of Buffalo State College.

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Thoughts about pubs and agents

Hi everyone:

I talked about professionalism in the last post and received some questions, which I thought I'd deal with in this post. Yes, I feel we writers need to act professionally. That said, agents and publishers need to be as professional as well. We (writers) have more options now then in the past with regards to publishing platforms. I for one will not work with publishers or agents that fail to respect me. My Mom taught me to be kind and respectful to everyone. She also taught me not to let people walk all over me. I keep those life lessons in mind with everything I do, including working with publishers and agents. Take care everyone.

1 comment:

  1. That is so true, Neil. I firmly believe that we teach people how to treat us: When you allow someone to talk down to you & don't speak up, you have just taught that person that its ok to talk down to you; when you allow your partner to hit you & you don't put them in jail AND press charges AND end the relationship, you have taught that person that its ok to hit you, etc.

    ReplyDelete