Neil O'Donnell

Neil O'Donnell

About Me

My photo
Buffalo, New York, United States
Nationally certified career coach with expertise in writing résumés and cover letters for professionals around the world. 15+ years of focus helping new graduates and seasoned professionals find good jobs.

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Keys to Writing

I'm sure that every author has a list of compnents he or she needs to have in order to write a story. I am no different. For the next couple posts, I thought I list the keys to my writing a story. The 1st thing? I need a part for me in the story.

If I'm not in on the action, there is likely no way I'll be able to finish writing a story. I have to be there, even if it's only for a brief scene. That connection is necessary, or I'll just drop what I'm working on and go read a David Eddings novel or watch Battlestar Galactica.

For those thinking of writing a book or a short story, and you don't no where to begin, think up a place or time YOU would like to visit; write your story based around your coming into that story/time/scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment