Neil O'Donnell

Neil O'Donnell

About Me

My photo
Buffalo, New York, United States
Anthropologist, author, certified career coach, and musician who mixes all four interests as much as possible! Senior EOP Counselor at/EOP graduate of Buffalo State College.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Going Historical

With the next fantasy book and Vlara's song moving along, I decided 'why not add to the pressure?' My anthropological research focuses on the prehistoric Native populations that inhabited Western New York. After compiling years of data thru archaeological excavations and archival research (basically digging in the dirt and looking at objects on dusty shelves), I now have enough data to write a dissertation of sorts. As for the format, I chose a format that people would prefer reading over a 300 page research paper. This new book, titled 'Calling Wren,' will focus on the Erie nation, which were an Iroquoian speaking population eventually driven away by the Haudenosaunee (the Seneca, Cayuga, Onondaga, Oneida and Mohawk - the Tuscarora had not joined the Iroquois Confederacy as yet). My hope is to show the unique differences between the various native populations while also detailing the common cultural practices shared by them all. My hope is to have the novel completed by the Fall. Of course, it may take me that long just to develop the character sketches. Hope all is well with everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment