Neil O'Donnell

Neil O'Donnell

About Me

My photo
Buffalo, New York, United States
Anthropologist, author, certified career coach, and musician who mixes all four interests as much as possible! Senior EOP Counselor at/EOP graduate of Buffalo State College.

Friday, July 9, 2010

Character Development

As with any part of writing, there are endless ways to accomplish a tak, including character development. For me, characters have to be real. Real in the sense that my main characters (and most of the secondary ones) resemble 'characters' I've met in life. No, this doesn't mean I've actually met wizards in real life. Yet, the complexities of Crarnock (he hatred for humanity) I've seen in individuals I've encountered in my life. For those looking for ways to contruct 'believable' characters, consider people you've interacted with. That should give you a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment