Neil O'Donnell

Neil O'Donnell

About Me

My photo
Buffalo, New York, United States
Anthropologist, author, certified career coach, and musician who mixes all four interests as much as possible! Senior EOP Counselor at/EOP graduate of Buffalo State College.

Monday, May 3, 2010

Writing continues...

The semester is finally winding down. Now that all my power points/lectures are finished, I am slowly getting back into my fictional work. David Eddings wrote about the need to write everyday. I can honestly say that I don't have a problem finding time to write. However, getting time to work on a novel is not what I think is the important thing. It's the act of writing I feel is needed; getting into the habit of putting words to paper. As for the fiction end of things, when the story is ready to come out of the author, it will. Until then, authors should just work at the mechanics, whether it's writing reports, lectures or a silly message to a loved one. At least, that's what I'm doing. I think David Eddings would understand.

1 comment:

  1. p.s. I also just wrote the final exam for my class - I don't know if Eddings would like that

    ReplyDelete