Neil O'Donnell

Neil O'Donnell

About Me

My photo
Buffalo, New York, United States
Nationally certified career coach with expertise in writing résumés and cover letters for professionals around the world. 15+ years of focus helping new graduates and seasoned professionals find good jobs.

Friday, March 26, 2010

Today's a Very Special Day

Hi everyone:

Today is my mother's birthday, and while she is no longer with us, her spirit and conviction towards equality for all still resonates through my whole family. I found it fitting to think of her during Canisius College's 'Women's Studies' Luncheon yesterday. Mom always pushed everyone to looked passed stereotypes and consider others by their actions, not by their gender or ethnicity. In her memory, I encourage everyone to discard the bias that has plaqued humanity for so long.

Happy Birthday, Mom! I Love You!

p.s. Yes, there are two characters based on my parents, which appear at the end of 'Vlara's Song.' I felt it fitting that they should be a part of this writing journey for it was Mom and Dad who taught me and encouraged me to read. Thank God for my parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment